Veterans interested in working in Iowa can post their resume to the Home Base Iowa website. To optimize your job search, we recommend posting your resume 90 to 120 days in advance of when you will be available to start working. This improves the likelihood employers will have openings that match your timeframe.
Resume Posting Steps
- Create an account by creating a username and providing your e-mail address
- You’ll immediately receive an e-mail with a link to set up your password
- NOTE: the email may be sent to your spam or junk folder based on your email settings
- Click on the link and create your password
- You can then log into the site to create your veteran profile and upload your resume
- After Home Base Iowa approves your resume, you can log into the site and select “Edit My Resume” to view your resume and make changes
What Happens to Your Resume?
- Businesses who register on the Home Base Iowa website can see your resume
- Businesses will be notified about your resume based on the type of jobs you selected and the locations you selected
- Your resume will be shared with a workforce advisor at an IowaWORKS center
- The workforce advisor will contact you to discuss your resume and career options
How Long is My Resume Available to Employers?
- Employers can see your resume for 90 days after being posted
- After 90 days, your resume will no longer be visible
- If you are still looking for a job, you will need to log into the site and upload your resume again
Please note that only veterans can post resumes. If a veteran spouse needs help finding employment, please contact the IowaWORKS Center in the area where you are seeking employment.